Redbridge groups to make a difference
AN activity packed Make a Difference Week kicks off today, with events planned across the borough.
The week, organised by the Redbridge Strategic Partnership, is aimed at raising awareness of services that make a difference in people’s lives and encouraging people to make their own difference to their community.
Today, Forest Recycling Project will oversee a Give or Take event, where residents can donate unwanted items and pick up anything of interest, at Uphall Recreation Ground, off Ilford Lane, Ilford, from noon to 3pm.
Redbridge Institute of Adult Education, Gaysham Avenue, Gants Hill will host a routes to volunteering workshop, from 10am to 11.30am, to encourage people to use their spare time for others.
There will also be an origami free taster session at the Keith Axon Centre from 2pm until 4.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Tomorrow, visitors to Forest Farm Peace Garden can enjoy guided walks and delicious treats on sale and fundraisers at Valentines Park will be putting their best feet forward during a Halloween spook walk to raise money for charity Redbridge Forum.
For reports and information about other Make a Difference Week events, keep checking the Recorder website.
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 3 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 4 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 5 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 6 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 7 Labour's shadow cabinet reshuffle sees new role for Ilford North MP
- 8 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 9 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones