Redbridge gain Daggers help for FA Cup clash
FA Cup second round, Crawley Town v Redbridge, Saturday, December 3, 3pm.
Redbridge have called on neighbours Dagenham & Redbridge to help them in their quest of an FA Cup giant-killing on Saturday at Crawley Town.
Boss Terry Spillane has called in a favour from Daggers boss John Still and assistant Terry Harris who passed on a DVD of Crawley in League Two action against Dagenham back in October, a game which Still’s side lost 3-1.
But now, with another connection in nephew Michael Spillane, on loan at Daggers from Brentford, the Oakside-based outfit will go into the biggest game in their history fully prepared.
“We have been able to pick up a dossier on Crawley from a certain Mr Still and Mr Harris of Dagenham to help us prepare for the match,” said Spillane.
You may also want to watch:
“We have done so in the past when we beat Ebbsfleet, after getting one from Kettering boss Mark Stimson.
“My nephew Michael is playing at Dagenham now as well, but it was nice of them to help us out. But after watching it I am not too sure it will help us out!
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 3 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 4 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 5 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 6 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 7 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 8 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 9 Redbridge equality group condemns 'heinous' Ilford mosque attack
- 10 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
“We always go into games fully prepared but this will give us something different. But there is no way Crawley are going to underestimate us like some have done in the past.
“Steve Evans is a man that has come out of non-league as well, so knows what it is like to prepare for an upset.”
If you can’t make the game you can follow our live coverage from the Broadfield Stadium on www.london24.com/facup