Redbridge Faith Forum hold stimulating and informative talk to mark International Women’s Day
- Credit: Archant
Both men and women attended a “stimulating and informative” Redbridge Faith Forum event to mark International Women’s Day on March 12.
Redbridge Faith Forum, in collaboration with the Alzheimer’s Organisation and Redbridge Street Pastors, put on the event which nearly 60 people attended at Vine United Reformed Church in Ilford.
Presentations were given by all three organisations.
Monica Abdala, of Street Pastors, spoke about the work her organisation does with female sex workers in the borough.
Alli Anthony, of the Alzheimer’s Society, talked to the audience about the importance of showing respect to those with mental illness.
You may also want to watch:
Saira Yakub, Redbridge Faith Forum’s project and finance officer, said: “The speakers were fantastic and were very well received by the audience.”
The open forum traditionally runs during International Women’s Week.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 3 ‘Hard to comprehend’: MPs react as Sir David Amess dies after stabbing
- 4 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 5 Five veggie-friendly restaurants in Redbridge, courtesy of TripAdvisor
- 6 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 7 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 8 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
- 9 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 10 Chadwell Heath pharmacy to offer Covid-19 booster jabs with flu vaccine
To get involved and participate in the bi-monthly RFF’s open forum for women, call Saira Yakub on 020 8708 2478.