Redbridge Council programme for Learning Disability Week set to raise awareness
Redbridge Council is marking Learning Disability Week with a number of events which will aim to raise awareness and portray the talents of people who have a learning disability.
Festival in the Park will take place on Friday, featuring staged acts, a sports zone, a healthy living tent and music and art workshops.
There will also be an arts and crafts market, exhibitors and food and drink.
The event will run from 11am to 5pm at the Eton Manor Rugby Club, in Nutter Lane, Wanstead.
Winning entries for the exhibition Light and Dark, which was staged at Valentines Mansion, will be shown at the Tate Modern next Tuesday.
You may also want to watch:
From 11am to 5pm, visitors will be able to view work created by people with learning disabilities from Redbridge.
Finally, a day of sports taster sessions will take place on June 26, including football and cricket competitions, zumba, swimming and aerobics.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 5 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 6 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 7 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 8 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Covid patient numbers rebound at Barts Health hospitals
The event from 10.30am to 3pm will take place at Waltham Forest Pool and Track, in Chingford Road, Walthamstow.