Redbridge Council pledges to solve Seven Kings ‘dumping ground’ causing misery for residents
- Credit: Archant
“Hundreds” of bin bags have been piling up in a Seven Kings street - leaving rats, flies and a horrible smell for residents.
The rubbish is added to the heap in Chester Road until Redbridge Council is alerted and removes the waste, when the pile starts growing again.
A resident, who did not want to be named, said the problem had started after a new block of flats was built.
He added: “One person starts putting bags down then everyone does. It’s become a dumping ground for that part of Seven Kings.”
A council spokesman said flat developers failed to notify refuse collectors before people moved into the block, meaning collections were not arranged.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “We are now making the necessary arrangements with the developer for collections to commence so that these issues can be resolved.”
- 1 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new café in Redbridge
- 4 Homebuilder steps back from proposals over rising projected costs
- 5 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 6 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 7 Ilford care home nominated for two national awards
- 8 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 9 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 10 Man dies after fall near Hainault station