Redbridge Council encouraging online applications for school places
More than half of parents and carers in Redbridge applied for their child’s school place online last year.
It is possible to apply online from September 1 for children starting school for the first time or transferring to a secondary school in September 2013.
Redbridge Council is promoting its online service as quick and easy.
A spokesman said benefits of applying online include applications can’t get lost in the post; applicants can get text reminders about key dates and can change their details up to the closing date.
Applicants also receive an email letting them know the result of their application without having to wait for a letter to be posted.
You may also want to watch:
Online secondary school applications need to be made by 11.59pm on October 31 and online primary school applications by the same time on January 15.
For information on how to apply, visit www.redbridge.gov.uk/eadmissions.
- 1 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 2 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 3 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 4 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 5 Nine Redbridge parks retain Green Flag Award status
- 6 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 7 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 8 Anti-hate crime workshops to be delivered in Redbridge
- 9 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 10 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development