Redbridge Council encouraging online applications for school places
More than half of parents and carers in Redbridge applied for their child’s school place online last year.
It is possible to apply online from September 1 for children starting school for the first time or transferring to a secondary school in September 2013.
Redbridge Council is promoting its online service as quick and easy.
A spokesman said benefits of applying online include applications can’t get lost in the post; applicants can get text reminders about key dates and can change their details up to the closing date.
Applicants also receive an email letting them know the result of their application without having to wait for a letter to be posted.
You may also want to watch:
Online secondary school applications need to be made by 11.59pm on October 31 and online primary school applications by the same time on January 15.
For information on how to apply, visit www.redbridge.gov.uk/eadmissions.
- 1 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 2 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 3 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 4 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 5 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 6 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
- 7 New councillors for Loxford and Seven Kings react to by-election wins
- 8 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath