Redbridge council approves less than 10 per cent of affordable housing target
- Credit: Archant
In the last five years only 381 affordable homes have been given planning approval in Redbridge despite more than 7,000 people sitting on the council’s social housing waiting list.
The figures, revealed by a Freedom of Information Act request by the Recorder highlight the council’s failure to meet its own targets.
In 2009 a supplementary planning document set a target of bringing 4,525 affordable homes to the market.
Those homes granted approval amount to less than 10 per cent of this figure.
Are you awaiting social housing? Contact Emma Lake about your experiences firstname.lastname@example.org 02084773903
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 5 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 6 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 7 Covid patient numbers rebound at Barts Health hospitals
- 8 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 New boats arrive at Fairlop Waters amid country park investment plan