Redbridge Children’s Book Award winner to be announced
Young bookworms will be wriggling impatiently to find out the winner of the best children’s book next week.
Sir James Hawkey Hall, Broomhill Road, Woodford Green will be hosting the annual Redbridge Children’s Book Award on Wednesday (July 3) with four authors set to attend.
The first chapter of the day will be a lunch and book signing at 12.30pm.
The plot of the afternoon will thicken with quizzes and question and answer sessions until it reaches a dramatic climax at 3.10pm when the mayor presents the prizes.
One author who will be playing a big part is Sufiya Ahmed, whose book Secrets of a Henna Girl has been nominated for the award.
You may also want to watch:
Miss Ahmed is greatly concerned with the issue of forced marriage, which her story revolves around.
She will be joined by critically-acclaimed debut author Tanya Byrne as well as Dave Cousins and Conrad Mason, all of whom have been nominated for the award.
- 1 Cash and jewellery taken in Ilford shop robbery
- 2 Car fire on A406 in South Woodford causing 'serious' delays
- 3 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 4 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 5 Lloyds Bank announces Gants Hill branch closure
- 6 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 7 MP Sam Tarry: 'Much more needs to be done to support local businesses'
- 8 'I know how much they help': Teacher to continue motivational sessions
- 9 TfL admits wrongly charging supercar driver almost £1k in emission fees
- 10 NHS pilot to end blood test services at two Redbridge sites