Redbridge children mark 500-day Olympic countdown
The final countdown to the Olympics officially began with a special event to mark 500 days before London 2012 starts.
The final countdown to the Olympics officially began with a special event to mark 500 days before London 2012 starts. Residents from the council’s ambassador programme joined pupils from Cleveland Junior School in Ilford town centre this afternoon to give out stickers and talk to shoppers and businesses about the Olympics and how they can get involved.
Redbridge’s 2012 ambassadors also attended and will appear at events over the coming year to encourage participation in Olympic events.Cleveland Junior School is one of several in the borough that have been awarded Get Set status, the official London 2012 education programme for schools, and colleges across the UK.
Over the next year there will be a number of events taking place across Redbridge as London 2012 draws ever nearer.
The council is giving young people the opportunity to try Olympic sports at venues across the Borough, available to anyone aged 16 or under.
You may also want to watch:
To keep up to date on all the latest information on London 2012, visit www.redbridge.gov.uk/olympics.
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 4 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 6 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 7 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 8 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 9 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 10 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath