Redbridge charity Hopes and Dreams holds ‘fabulous’ fashion show
Youngsters got the chance to star in a special fashion show which was held to raise money for terminally ill children.
Hopes and Dreams, Somersby Gardens, Redbridge, hosted the event on Thursday at the Menzies Prince Regent Hotel, Manor Road, Woodford Green.
The charity, which turns the wishes of chronically, seriously or terminally ill children into reality, managed to raise �5,000 on the night.
Founder of the charity, Ruth Salahi, said: “We had a really fabulous evening and everyone said they’d had a really good night. It was great to see three months worth of planning go perfectly without a hitch.
“The highlight for me was meeting a little girl, who we’ve recently granted a dream for, who helped us pick the raffle winners and she just couldn’t stop smiling.”
You may also want to watch:
Children from the Carmel Thomas Performing Arts School, based in Buckhurst Hill, also performed three songs for visitors.
Hopes and Dreams will be hosting a quiz night at the Menzies Prince Regent Hotel on November 11. To book tickets call 020 8551 0092.
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 4 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 5 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 6 Fireaway pizza branch to open in South Woodford
- 7 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 8 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 9 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
- 10 Motorbike 'deliberately' struck by car in Redbridge, police say