Redbridge charity Hopes and Dreams holds ‘fabulous’ fashion show
Youngsters got the chance to star in a special fashion show which was held to raise money for terminally ill children.
Hopes and Dreams, Somersby Gardens, Redbridge, hosted the event on Thursday at the Menzies Prince Regent Hotel, Manor Road, Woodford Green.
The charity, which turns the wishes of chronically, seriously or terminally ill children into reality, managed to raise �5,000 on the night.
Founder of the charity, Ruth Salahi, said: “We had a really fabulous evening and everyone said they’d had a really good night. It was great to see three months worth of planning go perfectly without a hitch.
“The highlight for me was meeting a little girl, who we’ve recently granted a dream for, who helped us pick the raffle winners and she just couldn’t stop smiling.”
You may also want to watch:
Children from the Carmel Thomas Performing Arts School, based in Buckhurst Hill, also performed three songs for visitors.
Hopes and Dreams will be hosting a quiz night at the Menzies Prince Regent Hotel on November 11. To book tickets call 020 8551 0092.
- 1 Chigwell rabbi hospitalised after 'unprovoked and cowardly attack'
- 2 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 3 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 4 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 5 Police meet with Jewish communities after attack on rabbi in Chigwell
- 6 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 7 Two men arrested on suspicion of GBH following hospitalisation of rabbi
- 8 Man tried to become comic book character by stabbing teen in park toilets
- 9 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 10 Clayhall pupils grill Matt Hancock and Dominic Raab