Redbridge charity helps voters understand ‘complicated’ voting system
- Credit: Archant
Everyone should have the opportunity to vote at the London Mayoral elections – that is the message being cast by a charity in Gants Hill who are providing additional resources to help voters register.
Redbridge Equalities and Community Council (RECC), Woodford Avenue, want to ensure people from every community has a voice for the Mayor of London and the London Assembly elections on Thursday, May 5.
A spokesman for the charity said that the voting system for London elections can be “a bit complicated” and said it produced guides in a variety of languages and easy read editions to help with the process.
“We want to make sure that people are not excluded because they are migrants, from ethnic minorities, because they have learning difficulties, mental health problems, disability or visual impairment, or because of the language they speak,” he said.
“If you are in a community group we are happy to send you some of the material appropriate to your group and we are happy to come along and help people complete the registration forms.”
You may also want to watch:
To be able to vote in the election you must register by Monday, April 18.
For further information please call David Landau at RECC on 020 8551 8178 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 2 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
- 3 Almost 250 homes without internet in Goodmayes after car accident takes out telecoms box
- 4 Surplus of primary school places now but shortage expected within 10 years
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 7 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 8 CCTV still issued of man sought in 'vicious and unprovoked' attack in broad daylight in Barkingside supermarket
- 9 Redevelopment plans likely to be approved despite 144 objections
- 10 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays