Redbridge Carnival performers awarded trophies for their dedication
Two talented groups who performed at the Redbridge Carnival have been awarded trophies for their hard work and dedication to their chosen sports.
Spartans junior basketball girls team, Oaks Lane, Newbury Park, won Best Supporting Group, after taking part in the parade as well as running taster sessions to encourage others to take up basketball.
The group runs classes for boys and girls aged between five and 18.
Coach Paul McKenzie said: “I am very happy that the girls won the trophy and for them it is nice to be recognised.”
Redbridge School of Gymnastics, Elmcroft Avenue, Wanstead, won Best Walking Group with a show-stopping number which included ribbon twirling and cartwheels.
You may also want to watch:
Other winners included Shpresa Albanian Dance Group, who retained the trophy for Best Dance Group while Aveley Twirlers, held on to Best Majorette Troop trophy.
- 1 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 2 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 3 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 4 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 5 TV's Ben Shephard opens island themed playground at children’s hospice
- 6 Litter in Redbridge parks quadruples in one year, council reveals
- 7 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 8 Barkingside man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences
- 9 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 10 The Sikh Network on grieving in lockdown and death 'as a process of life'