Redbridge Carnival performers awarded trophies for their dedication
Two talented groups who performed at the Redbridge Carnival have been awarded trophies for their hard work and dedication to their chosen sports.
Spartans junior basketball girls team, Oaks Lane, Newbury Park, won Best Supporting Group, after taking part in the parade as well as running taster sessions to encourage others to take up basketball.
The group runs classes for boys and girls aged between five and 18.
Coach Paul McKenzie said: “I am very happy that the girls won the trophy and for them it is nice to be recognised.”
Redbridge School of Gymnastics, Elmcroft Avenue, Wanstead, won Best Walking Group with a show-stopping number which included ribbon twirling and cartwheels.
You may also want to watch:
Other winners included Shpresa Albanian Dance Group, who retained the trophy for Best Dance Group while Aveley Twirlers, held on to Best Majorette Troop trophy.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 3 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 4 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 5 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 6 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 7 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 8 'Important' business park to be exempt from new planning rules
- 9 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 10 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole