Redbridge Carnival performers awarded trophies for their dedication
Two talented groups who performed at the Redbridge Carnival have been awarded trophies for their hard work and dedication to their chosen sports.
Spartans junior basketball girls team, Oaks Lane, Newbury Park, won Best Supporting Group, after taking part in the parade as well as running taster sessions to encourage others to take up basketball.
The group runs classes for boys and girls aged between five and 18.
Coach Paul McKenzie said: “I am very happy that the girls won the trophy and for them it is nice to be recognised.”
Redbridge School of Gymnastics, Elmcroft Avenue, Wanstead, won Best Walking Group with a show-stopping number which included ribbon twirling and cartwheels.
You may also want to watch:
Other winners included Shpresa Albanian Dance Group, who retained the trophy for Best Dance Group while Aveley Twirlers, held on to Best Majorette Troop trophy.
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 3 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 4 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 5 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 6 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 7 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 8 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 9 Redbridge equality group condemns 'heinous' Ilford mosque attack
- 10 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation