Redbridge businesswomen’s group to take on Mud ‘N’ Madness challenge for charity
- Credit: Archant
Businesswomen in Redbridge will be backing each other to complete a 7.5km challenge of obstacles, adventure and mud to fund hospice care.
The eleven hardy women, who met through South Woodford business group The Athena Network, hope to complete the Mud ‘N’ Madness charity race in Upminster on Saturday.
They will tackle army-style obstacles up and down “Heartbreak Hill”, take part in a “beasting session” with a boot camp instructor before a freezing dip in the river and on to the finish line.
Their endeavours will raise money for Saint Francis Hospice in Havering-atte-Bower and Cancer Research UK.
Team member Belinda Moss, 44, of The Charter Road, Woodford Green, said: “We’ve got to egg each other on and make sure we all finish.
You may also want to watch:
“We support each other in our businesses and in our personal lives.
“There’s a big team spirit.”
- 1 Thirteen-year-old boy stabbed in Ilford
- 2 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 3 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 4 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 5 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 6 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 7 Seven Kings School celebrates 90th birthday with fair
- 8 16-year-old arrested after woman reports sexual assault in South Woodford
- 9 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 10 Hainault community garden gets £85k for 'ecotherapy' scheme
Belinda, a lower back pain practitioner who runs Envigour Pilates, previously ran the London Marathon but said she would have to do more training this week to get ready.
A staff member from the hospice told the group about its work through The Athena Network, which meets in Prezzo restaurant, High Road, South Woodford, every month.
To donate, visit www.justgiving.com/gettingdownanddirty.