Redbridge bus services affected by 24 hour drivers’ strike over pay
Redbridge bus routes are being affected by a drivers’ strike over pay today.
Services including the 123, from Ilford to Wood Green, the 128, from Clayhall to Romford, the 150, from Hainault to Chadwell Heath, and the 173, from King George Hospital to Beckton could be disrupted or cancelled.
Members of union Unite started the 24 hour strike at 3am today over a pay dispute with operator Arriva London North.
Unite regional secretary Peter Kavanagh said Arriva had tried to implement “a second year of percentage pay freezes”.
He added: “Many other bus workers across London have received percentage increases this year, as have TfL staff, yet Arriva London North are refusing to reach a fair settlement.”
You may also want to watch:
Bob Scowen, Managing Director for Arriva London, said: “We regret the inconvenience the union’s decision will mean for our passengers and apologise for the disruption caused.”
Redbridge buses run by other operators are not affected by the strike, which will finish at 2.59am tomorrow.
- 1 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 2 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 3 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 4 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 5 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
- 6 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 7 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 8 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 9 Wanstead rugby youngsters return to action with a win over rivals Woodford
- 10 Council seeks public input after York Road anti-social behaviour concerns
Travel information can be found at www.tfl.gov.uk/buses.
Let us know how the strike has affected you by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, calling 0208 477 3821 or tweeting @IlfordRecorder.