Redbridge bus services affected by 24 hour drivers’ strike over pay
Redbridge bus routes are being affected by a drivers’ strike over pay today.
Services including the 123, from Ilford to Wood Green, the 128, from Clayhall to Romford, the 150, from Hainault to Chadwell Heath, and the 173, from King George Hospital to Beckton could be disrupted or cancelled.
Members of union Unite started the 24 hour strike at 3am today over a pay dispute with operator Arriva London North.
Unite regional secretary Peter Kavanagh said Arriva had tried to implement “a second year of percentage pay freezes”.
He added: “Many other bus workers across London have received percentage increases this year, as have TfL staff, yet Arriva London North are refusing to reach a fair settlement.”
You may also want to watch:
Bob Scowen, Managing Director for Arriva London, said: “We regret the inconvenience the union’s decision will mean for our passengers and apologise for the disruption caused.”
Redbridge buses run by other operators are not affected by the strike, which will finish at 2.59am tomorrow.
- 1 Cash and jewellery taken in Ilford shop robbery
- 2 Car fire on A406 in South Woodford causing 'serious' delays
- 3 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 4 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 5 Lloyds Bank announces Gants Hill branch closure
- 6 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 7 'I know how much they help': Teacher to continue motivational sessions
- 8 MP Sam Tarry: 'Much more needs to be done to support local businesses'
- 9 TfL admits wrongly charging supercar driver almost £1k in emission fees
- 10 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
Travel information can be found at www.tfl.gov.uk/buses.
Let us know how the strike has affected you by emailing email@example.com, calling 0208 477 3821 or tweeting @IlfordRecorder.