Redbridge bus services affected by 24 hour drivers’ strike over pay
Redbridge bus routes are being affected by a drivers’ strike over pay today.
Services including the 123, from Ilford to Wood Green, the 128, from Clayhall to Romford, the 150, from Hainault to Chadwell Heath, and the 173, from King George Hospital to Beckton could be disrupted or cancelled.
Members of union Unite started the 24 hour strike at 3am today over a pay dispute with operator Arriva London North.
Unite regional secretary Peter Kavanagh said Arriva had tried to implement “a second year of percentage pay freezes”.
He added: “Many other bus workers across London have received percentage increases this year, as have TfL staff, yet Arriva London North are refusing to reach a fair settlement.”
You may also want to watch:
Bob Scowen, Managing Director for Arriva London, said: “We regret the inconvenience the union’s decision will mean for our passengers and apologise for the disruption caused.”
Redbridge buses run by other operators are not affected by the strike, which will finish at 2.59am tomorrow.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 3 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 5 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 6 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown
- 7 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 8 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 9 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 10 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School
Travel information can be found at www.tfl.gov.uk/buses.
Let us know how the strike has affected you by emailing email@example.com, calling 0208 477 3821 or tweeting @IlfordRecorder.