Redbridge blood donors needed in 2013
People from Redbridge are being asked to consider saving a life or three for their New Year’s resolution by giving blood in 2013.
As the festive cheer leaves us and people ponder how to make the New Year better than the last, NHS Blood and Transplant (NHSBT) is challenging people to spare an hour of their time to donate blood.
The message comes at a time when there is a need to recruit new donors after a dramatic decline in the number of younger donors signing up.
Special sessions will be held on January 4 at St John’s Church Centre, St John’s Road, Newbury Park from 1.30pm-3.45pm and 5pm-7.45pm.
And on January 11 at Redbridge Town Hall, High Road, Ilford from 2pm-3.45pm and 5pm-7.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
For more information please visit www.blood.co.uk or call 0300 123 23 23.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Neighbours slam council over Christchurch Green kiosk approval
- 4 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 5 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 6 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 7 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 8 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 9 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 10 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge