Redbridge blood donors needed in 2013
People from Redbridge are being asked to consider saving a life or three for their New Year’s resolution by giving blood in 2013.
As the festive cheer leaves us and people ponder how to make the New Year better than the last, NHS Blood and Transplant (NHSBT) is challenging people to spare an hour of their time to donate blood.
The message comes at a time when there is a need to recruit new donors after a dramatic decline in the number of younger donors signing up.
Special sessions will be held on January 4 at St John’s Church Centre, St John’s Road, Newbury Park from 1.30pm-3.45pm and 5pm-7.45pm.
And on January 11 at Redbridge Town Hall, High Road, Ilford from 2pm-3.45pm and 5pm-7.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
For more information please visit www.blood.co.uk or call 0300 123 23 23.
- 1 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 2 Woodford Green bomb scare declared false alarm
- 3 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 4 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 5 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 6 Lorry driver cleared over elderly couple's crash deaths, inquest hears
- 7 Clouds, rain and sunny intervals: East London weather forecast this week
- 8 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 9 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 10 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park