Redbridge-based campaign group celebrate 50 years by raising £700 for Israeli women
- Credit: Archant
A campaign group, which works towards helping women in Israel, celebrated its fiftieth anniversary with a special lunch for members.
Redbridge’s Women’s International Zionist Organization (WIZO) marked five decades of fundraising in the borough with a party on Tuesday of last week, at Woolston Manor Gold and Country Club, Abridge Road, Chigwell.
The group managed to raise £700 at the event which will be used to support 100 vital projects across Israel.
Secretary, Elsa Linder, said: “Around 85 ladies attended and everyone enjoyed hearing from our guest speaker, Angela Shulter, who spoke about her experiences growing up with a Jewish mother and Nazi father.
“It was lovely to celebrate the special anniversary with our members.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information and to get involved please call 0208 551 1301.
- 1 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 2 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 3 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 4 Council seeks public input after York Road anti-social behaviour concerns
- 5 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 6 Homebuilder steps back from proposals over rising projected costs
- 7 Redbridge Tories urge front desk re-opening at Barkingside Police Station
- 8 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 9 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 10 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash