Redbridge-based campaign group celebrate 50 years by raising £700 for Israeli women
- Credit: Archant
A campaign group, which works towards helping women in Israel, celebrated its fiftieth anniversary with a special lunch for members.
Redbridge’s Women’s International Zionist Organization (WIZO) marked five decades of fundraising in the borough with a party on Tuesday of last week, at Woolston Manor Gold and Country Club, Abridge Road, Chigwell.
The group managed to raise £700 at the event which will be used to support 100 vital projects across Israel.
Secretary, Elsa Linder, said: “Around 85 ladies attended and everyone enjoyed hearing from our guest speaker, Angela Shulter, who spoke about her experiences growing up with a Jewish mother and Nazi father.
“It was lovely to celebrate the special anniversary with our members.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information and to get involved please call 0208 551 1301.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 3 Average Redbridge house price nearly £30k higher than last year
- 4 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 5 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 6 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 7 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 8 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 9 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 10 Hainault woman celebrates 100th birthday with mayoral visit