Redbridge avoids third night of violence and looting
Redbridge appears to have averted a third night of looting and sporadic violence.
There was a high police presence in Ilford Town Centre last night as officers prepared themselves for possible disturbances.
But no major incidents have been reported.
Our news team will continue to monitor the situation.
On Monday morning, two Ilford Town Centre mobile phone shops were looted, while on Monday night, a Woodford Green carpet shop was set on fire and there was looting in Ilford, Hainault and Barkingside.
You may also want to watch:
Cars were also set on fire and a 25-year-old man was involved in a hit and run in Ilford Hill, but it is not clear if these are connected to the other outbreaks of violence.
If you have seen any incidents or acts of defiance, email email@example.com or call 020 8477 3806.
- 1 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new café in Redbridge
- 4 Homebuilder steps back from proposals over rising projected costs
- 5 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 6 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 7 Ilford care home nominated for two national awards
- 8 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 9 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 10 Man dies after fall near Hainault station