Redbridge avoids third night of violence and looting
Redbridge appears to have averted a third night of looting and sporadic violence.
There was a high police presence in Ilford Town Centre last night as officers prepared themselves for possible disturbances.
But no major incidents have been reported.
Our news team will continue to monitor the situation.
On Monday morning, two Ilford Town Centre mobile phone shops were looted, while on Monday night, a Woodford Green carpet shop was set on fire and there was looting in Ilford, Hainault and Barkingside.
You may also want to watch:
Cars were also set on fire and a 25-year-old man was involved in a hit and run in Ilford Hill, but it is not clear if these are connected to the other outbreaks of violence.
If you have seen any incidents or acts of defiance, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8477 3806.
- 1 Ilford charity boss named in Queen’s Birthday Honours
- 2 Ilford GP criticises NHS patient data sharing plans
- 3 Thousands sign petition opposing gas company plan to take over allotments
- 4 Ilford's Mercato Metropolitano to open in November
- 5 Ilford primary teacher joins campaign to get people teaching
- 6 Man with Hainault links wanted on recall to prison
- 7 Man jailed after gun and cocaine worth £1m found at Ilford home
- 8 Pupils prepare for summer singing festival at Kenneth More Theatre
- 9 Fairlop woman ordered to pay £1k over Dagenham cigarette littering
- 10 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower