Redbridge and Gants Hill roundabouts set for traffic delays during London Olympic Games
At least two key road networks in Redbridge will see extra traffic as a result of the Games, but one councillor is urging people to focus on the positives.
A map that details the busiest travel hotspots in Redbridge has been released advising people to avoid certain roads during the summer.
Both Redbridge and Gants Hill roundabout are likely to experience delays while the westbound slip road on to the A12 at the Green Man interchange will close between 6am and 11am.
TfL may also close the exit from Redbridge Roundabout into Redbridge Lane East temporarily to help keep traffic moving freely after noon during the Games with a diversion via Eastern Avenue and Beehive Lane.
The junction between the A118 Romford Road and the A406 North Circular is also likely to experience delays.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Matthew Chaudhary, whose Cranbrook ward includes a part of Redbridge Roundabout, said: “Obviously the traffic will be increased everywhere in Redbridge and people always expect the worst. However instead of focusing on the negatives, we should hopefully help boost passing trade for local businesses as we are on some of the main routes.” See www.getaheadofthegames.com.
- 1 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 2 Former Homebase development plans approved
- 3 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 4 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 5 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 6 Water company apologises for phone line waits as flood response branded 'woefully inadequate'
- 7 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 8 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 9 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 10 Parkrun returns to east London: Where can you join in?