Redbridge and Gants Hill roundabouts set for traffic delays during London Olympic Games
At least two key road networks in Redbridge will see extra traffic as a result of the Games, but one councillor is urging people to focus on the positives.
A map that details the busiest travel hotspots in Redbridge has been released advising people to avoid certain roads during the summer.
Both Redbridge and Gants Hill roundabout are likely to experience delays while the westbound slip road on to the A12 at the Green Man interchange will close between 6am and 11am.
TfL may also close the exit from Redbridge Roundabout into Redbridge Lane East temporarily to help keep traffic moving freely after noon during the Games with a diversion via Eastern Avenue and Beehive Lane.
The junction between the A118 Romford Road and the A406 North Circular is also likely to experience delays.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Matthew Chaudhary, whose Cranbrook ward includes a part of Redbridge Roundabout, said: “Obviously the traffic will be increased everywhere in Redbridge and people always expect the worst. However instead of focusing on the negatives, we should hopefully help boost passing trade for local businesses as we are on some of the main routes.” See www.getaheadofthegames.com.
- 1 East London police officer charged with rape
- 2 Teen dies after being stabbed in reported fight on Loxford street
- 3 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 4 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 5 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 6 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 7 Roof damaged in Seven Kings house fire
- 8 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
- 9 Opera star Jonathan Antoine to return to the stage ahead of US tour
- 10 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute