Redbridge Amateur Boxing Club opens doors to all in fundraising effort
- Credit: Archant
A boxing club is opening to the public to raise money for its first fight night.
Redbridge Amateur Boxing Club moved to its new home in Clayhall Park in February.
Now the members-only club is inviting men, women and children to visit to get a taste of amateur boxing.
Head coach Khuram Amin said: “I think it’s a brilliant idea. Being healthy is important.
“There are a lot of private facilities in the area used by local groups, but the public don’t get this access.”
You may also want to watch:
Khuram said the club – which received support for the new clubhouse from the Olympic Legacy Fund – was looking to raise money towards hosting its first boxing show on Friday, November 7.
Sessions at the club cost £3. For more information contact Khuram on 07954 795064.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 5 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 6 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 7 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 8 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 9 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 10 New boats arrive at Fairlop Waters amid country park investment plan