Redbridge A-levels 2014: Bancroft’s School
- Credit: Archant
Two pupils at Bancroft’s School have been hailed for their “remarkable achivement” after being awarded 10 A*s between them.
Joanne Pham and Charlotte Krishek have obtained their top grades in the same subjects – Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Maths and Further Maths – at the Woodford Green school.
Both will be following their passions for the STEM subjects (science, technology, engineering and maths) at university.
Joanne has a place at Downing College, Cambridge to read natural sciences, while Charlotte intends to study medicine at Imperial College, London.
Overall, pupils achieved 90 per cent A* to B, the school’s best ever results.
You may also want to watch:
Mark Dixon, deputy head, said: “[It is] a remarkable achievement for the two girls.
“It is the kind of thing we will see once a decade.”
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 3 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 4 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 5 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 6 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 7 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 8 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 9 Police warn of 'violence, urination' as takeaway applies for late licence
- 10 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
Across the school, a total of 17 pupils achieved at least three A*s, with nine of those gaining four or more A*s.
Bancroft’s has also seen an increase in the number of A* grades awarded in examinations taken by its pupils rise to 30 per cent, up from 28 per cent last year.
Head teacher Mary Ireland said: “The school is delighted at the exceptional results achieved by this hard working year group.”
“Our combination of bright, hardworking pupils and dedicated staff is clearly a winning one.”