Red Nose Day - Madonna, Mr T and Ian Botham are dress-up favourites as South Woodford school celebrates 25th Comic Relief anniversary
Madonna, Mr T and Ian Botham went back to school today for Comic Relief in South Woodford.
Young pupils at Oakdale Junior School in Oakdale Road were celebrating the 25th anniversary of Comic Relief by dressing up as 1980s icons.
The A-Team got to share classroom space with Cyndi Lauper, while children also brought in all their loose change to donate to the national charity.
It appeared they’d had to raid their parents’ wardrobes to join in the fun on Red Nose Day.
Deputy headteacher Jenny Davies said: “Their parents have had a lot of good fun going down memory lane.”
You may also want to watch:
Each class was collecting its loose change together to see who could make the biggest Red Nose with it.
- 1 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 2 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 6 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 7 Woodford Green bomb scare declared false alarm
- 8 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 9 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 10 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown