Red Nose Day: Gants Hill Kids Inc nursery manager sits in mound of ‘smelly’ jelly
- Credit: Archant
A “sticky” and “smelly” mound of jelly kept a nursery manager company for an epic 10 hours, all in the name of Comic Relief.
Emma Chapman, manager of Kids Inc in Beehive Lane, sat in a tub full of jelly on Wednesday.
She sat in the front corridor of the nursery as children had their faces painted just like Emma.
The 35-year-old said: “It was very sticky and very smelly – not a good combination!
“I didn’t eat any [of the jelly] but I was thinking I should have saved some for a snack.”
You may also want to watch:
She added: “They [the children] thought it was great. They weren’t keen to join in but they thought it was amazing.
“It was really nice to have a hot bath afterwards that wasn’t jelly-related!”
- 1 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 2 Chigwell child sex offender who posed as teen online jailed
- 3 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 4 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 5 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 6 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 7 'Very challenging': Ilford businesses still struggling months after return
- 8 Motorbike 'deliberately' struck by car in Redbridge, police say
- 9 'Gentle giant' driven propped up on van's floor with serious head injury, inquest hears
- 10 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
Tomorrow, three members of staff will take part in a ten-hour sponsored silence.
Kids Inc – which has 10 nurseries – is hoping to raise a total of £5,000 for the good cause, with more than £400 already raised at its Beehive Lane nursery.
The nursery that raises the most money will have a member of staff from their head office available for a day to carry out any tasks and chores that need doing.