Reader letter: Tennis courts in Redbridge need maintenance
- Credit: Zac Goodwin/PA
Ray Emery, Primrose Avenue, Chadwell Heath, has written to the Ilford Recorder about tennis courts in Redbridge.
Does anyone else think that the tennis facilities in Redbridge are below standard?
The courts I use are in a poor condition, with the surface breaking up and the surrounding fencing not maintained with holes and gaping gaps that allow animals in to do what animals do on the courts.
Apart from a couple of new nets, I am not aware of any money being spent on maintenance, despite contacting the council.
Before lockdown my wife and myself completed the capital ring walk, which passes through 18 London boroughs, and having an interest in tennis I took the time to check the facilities.
Most seemed to take pride in maintaining their courts to a good standard, including some of our poorest boroughs.
As I see it, there will not be a playable tennis court in Redbridge parks within five years, and what a shame to the borough to force players into private clubs.
- 1 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 4 Fireaway pizza branch to open in South Woodford
- 5 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 6 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals
- 7 Chigwell child sex offender who posed as teen online jailed
- 8 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 9 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 10 'It's disgusting': Goodmayes mum claims family fed mouldy pittas in quarantine hotel
Come on Redbridge, let’s have sport for all.