Ray Winstone among stars at Haven House hospice in Woodford Green as ITV1’s Daybreak visit
A children’s hospice was featured on morning television on Friday to raise awareness of Children’s Hospice Week.
Haven House had an early start when presenter Gethin Jones and the crew from ITV1’s Daybreak broadcast live from its grounds in High Road, Woodford Green.
Despite the time, there was a real party atmosphere, with children’s entertainers and Johnny from The X Factor providing the fun for the children and families who use Haven House.
There were also a number of children and parents from Avon House Preparatory School in Woodford Green, who turned up to lend their support.
Local celebrities were also in attendance, including actors Ray Winstone, Gary Lucy and Vicki Michelle and celebrity trainer Kevin Adams.
You may also want to watch:
Mike Palfreman, chief executive of Haven House, said: “This was a fantastic opportunity to showcase our local hospice to the nation.
“Everyone had a great day and the children and families were delighted to be able to talk to Gethin about our vital work here and what our hospice means to them.”
- 1 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 2 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 3 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 4 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 5 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 6 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
- 7 Cycling access extended at Wanstead Park
- 8 Oxford student bids to improve top university access for state school pupils
- 9 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 10 Former Woodford Police Station could become office space