Ray Winstone among stars at Haven House hospice in Woodford Green as ITV1’s Daybreak visit
A children’s hospice was featured on morning television on Friday to raise awareness of Children’s Hospice Week.
Haven House had an early start when presenter Gethin Jones and the crew from ITV1’s Daybreak broadcast live from its grounds in High Road, Woodford Green.
Despite the time, there was a real party atmosphere, with children’s entertainers and Johnny from The X Factor providing the fun for the children and families who use Haven House.
There were also a number of children and parents from Avon House Preparatory School in Woodford Green, who turned up to lend their support.
Local celebrities were also in attendance, including actors Ray Winstone, Gary Lucy and Vicki Michelle and celebrity trainer Kevin Adams.
You may also want to watch:
Mike Palfreman, chief executive of Haven House, said: “This was a fantastic opportunity to showcase our local hospice to the nation.
“Everyone had a great day and the children and families were delighted to be able to talk to Gethin about our vital work here and what our hospice means to them.”
- 1 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 2 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 3 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 4 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 5 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 6 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
- 7 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 8 New councillors for Loxford and Seven Kings react to by-election wins
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Labour's shadow cabinet reshuffle sees new role for Ilford North MP