Ramadan celebrations begin today at Exchange Ilford shopping cenrte
A 10-day exhibition on Islam to commemorate the Ramadan festival gets under way at Exchange Ilford today.
Entitled Know Muhammed, the shopping centre exhibition explores the life of the Prophet Muhammed through poster displays, interactive models and free literature.
Jayne Burton, Exchange Ilford’s marketing co-ordinator, said: “It provides a great opportunity for everyone, young and old, to come together, have fun and learn about different cultures and traditions within our society.”
Other activities will include henna mendhi drawing from the world’s fastest henna artist, Indian head massage and activities for children such as an Eid treasure hunt.
A dedicated prayer area for shoppers will be provided and Islamic clothing, perfumes and arts will be on sale.
You may also want to watch:
As part of the event, Exchange Ilford will give away a £5 gift voucher for anyone spending £50 or more between today and tomorrow.
- 1 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 2 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 3 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 4 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 5 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 6 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 7 'Important' business park to be exempt from new planning rules
- 8 EV charging hub launched in South Woodford as ULEZ expands
- 9 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 10 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford