Queues build up at Ilford department store’s ‘£4million stock clearance sale’
- Credit: Archant
Queues have been building and stock flying off shelves in an Ilford department store’s “£4million stock clearance sale” which started on February 12.
This is the second year running that Bodgers, in Station Road, have held a super sale in order to get out the old and bring in the new ready for Spring.
Store manager Rai Holdstock also believes it brings in new customers.
He said: “Considering the inclement weather on the first day I was very pleased with it.
“I think we have made many new customers. The demographic of our customers tends to be older but we have seen both young male and female customers who have been coming in.
You may also want to watch:
“The average age has gone from 50 plus to 25-30 with more family people shopping here.”
The sale will last until March 2 and in the final week, commencing February 27, further reductions will seek to form a frenzy of a queue.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 3 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 4 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown
- 5 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 6 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 7 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 8 Average Redbridge house price nearly £30k higher than last year
- 9 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 10 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School