Queen in Ilford: Day left to win a place in the welcoming party for royal guest
There is just one day left to win a chance to see the Queen in Ilford during her Diamond Jubilee Tour, as we give away two tickets to be among the guests at the welcoming party.
The Recorder has teamed up with Redbridge Council to offer two readers the chance to join guests gathered at Valentines Mansion for the historic visit on Thursday March 29.
The winners will be given access to the invitation-only area of the mansion and gardens, which will offer a close-up glimpse of the Queen as she makes her visit.
And after witnessing Her Majesty on the first London stop of her UK-wide tour, you and a guest will be invited to a drinks reception in the drawing room of Valentines Mansion.
Designer Sir Terence Conran, who will give a short speech, will be among the dignitaries there. He is overseeing an art and design exhibition London Pride – 60 Years of Bright Ideas.
You may also want to watch:
The Queen’s visit will launch a four-day festival at the mansion with works on display including paintings and small sculptures from the Tate Gallery.
Competition winners will need to arrive by 9am on March 29 to gain access to the invitation only area. The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh will arrive at 10.25am.
- 1 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 2 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 3 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 4 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 5 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 6 Walk-in Covid vaccinations on offer at Valentines Park health fair
- 7 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 8 Man wanted for allegedly driving 'recklessly' in Ilford with baby in car
- 9 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault
- 10 Plans for retail park development move step closer
Entrants will be photographed by the Recorder and should be willing to speak about their unique experience as part of our coverage.
• To be in with a chance of winning, answer the following question:
Q: The Queen last came to the borough in May 2002 in the build-up to her Golden Jubilee celebrations, but where exactly did she visit?
To enter, email email@example.com and put “Queen competition” in the subject header together with your name, address, date of birth, telephone number and competition answer. Entrants must be 18 and over, though your invited guest can be any age. Please note the prize will not include a chance to meet the Queen in person. Entries must be received no later than noon on Tuesday, March 20. Good luck!