Quarry restoration work to continue in Aldborough Hatch for two years
- Credit: Archant
Restoration work at a quarry is set to continue for a further two years after a planning application was approved.
Brett Lafarge was given permission for the extension of its activities at Aldborough Hall Farm, in Aldborough Hatch, at a Redbridge Council regulatory committee meeting last week.
However, the decision is subject to a detailed phasing plan being submitted to the chief planning and regeneration officer.
Ron Jeffries, 81, chairman of the Aldborough Hatch Defence Association, said: “While we are disappointed, we are pleased councillors insisted that there should be a phasing plan submitted, as this should ensure the work won’t drag on further.
“We have already had 12 years of this [gravel extraction] when we were promised it would take six.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Jeffries said he was “encouraged” by Aldborough ward councillors Cllr Wes Streeting, Cllr Debbie Kaur-Thiara and Cllr John Howard, who spoke against the application at the meeting.
A spokesman for Brett Lafarge said: “Brett Lafarge is pleased with this decision, which will allow us to complete the high quality restoration of Phase D for nature conservation and amenity use, in line with the approved planning consent for that area.”
- 1 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 2 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 3 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings
- 4 Election 2021: Live updates for London Assembly, Loxford and Seven Kings
- 5 Man wanted in connection with dangerous driving incident in Newbury Park
- 6 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 7 Man stabbed in Goodmayes
- 8 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?
- 9 Detectives hunt for knifepoint phone robber in Woodford Green
- 10 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath