Quad biker critically injured in three-vehicle crash in Chigwell
A quad bike rider was in a critical condition in hospital last night after crashing into two vehicles.
Essex Police were called at about 12.20pm yesterday to Manor Road, Chigwell, following reports of a crash.
The 30-year-old rider, on a black Yamaha quad bike, was travelling towards Woodford Bridge when he lost control and collided with a white van travelling in the opposite direction.
He then crashed into a black Volkswagen people carrier.
The rider, from Chigwell, was taken by air ambulance to the Royal London Hospital, in Whitechapel, London, in a critical condition.
You may also want to watch:
The female driver of the Volkswagen was taken to hospital with shock and minor injuries, but was released after treatment. The van driver was not injured.
A section of Manor Road was closed until 7.15pm, while the vehicles were recovered and a police investigation was carried out.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 3 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 4 ‘Hard to comprehend’: MPs react as Sir David Amess dies after stabbing
- 5 Sikh volunteer group hands out food to celebrate International Langar Week
- 6 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 7 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 8 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
- 9 Police warn of 'violence, urination' as takeaway applies for late licence
- 10 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
Anyone with information should contact Essex Police’s serious collision investigation unit by calling 101 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Did you see anything? Call Beth Wyatt on 020 8477 3988 or email email@example.com.