Pupils of Ilford’s new academy school can use extra entrance despite petition from 1,600
Proposals to create additional restricted pedestrian access to Isaac Newton Academy from Green Lane, Ilford, have been approved.
The application will allow a section of the Noori Foods car park to be used to increase entrance options to the school, due to open in September.
Three separate petitions were filed in opposition to the application with 1,675 signatures.
Those who objected claimed the car park would become too narrow, meaning that vehicles would have to reverse from it rather than complete a three-point turn.
But Redbridge Council’s regulatory committee gave the plans the green light last week.
You may also want to watch:
Committee chairman Cllr Richard Hoskins said: “We considered the application and decided that we wanted the access to be open permanently throughout the school day rather than just to access the playing fields.
“We requested the council speak to Transport for London about a lights crossing so pupils can cross safely rather than walk all the way around.”
- 1 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 2 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 3 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 4 Homebuilder steps back from proposals over rising projected costs
- 5 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 6 Council seeks public input after York Road anti-social behaviour concerns
- 7 Redbridge Tories urge front desk re-opening at Barkingside Police Station
- 8 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 9 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 10 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash