Public invited to meet with Redbridge Community Police Team
- Credit: Archant
One of the borough’s policing teams is holding a series of meetings with residents.
The Redbridge Community Police Team, a local authority-funded group of 14 police officers, will be hosting events across the borough.
The team is responsible for policing parks and open spaces and are tasked by the council with tackling prostitution, licensing, trading standards, flytipping and anti-social behaviour.
Adrian Towler, from the group, said: “Although the police team was created in 2011 we believe that countless people don’t actually know what we do.
“We are doing these park briefings to promote the good work we do and to discuss with the park users what issues affect them and how we can help them make their experience more pleasurable.
You may also want to watch:
“We rely on the community to be our eyes and ears. Therefore, these briefings are an important step in reconnecting with our residents on a personal level.”
Representatives from the team will be present at the meetings.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 5 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 6 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 7 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 8 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 New boats arrive at Fairlop Waters amid country park investment plan
The events are as follows:
- August 9: Clayhall Park, car park, 2pm
- August 10: Valentines Park, outside the cafe, midday
- August 15: Ray Park, near the cafe, 8pm
- August 16: Elmhurst Gardens, near park keeper’s hut, 11am
- August 22: Goodmayes Park, near the tennis courts, 11am
- August 23: South Park, near the tennis courts, midday
- August 24: Fairlop Waters Country Park, main car park, 5pm
- August 26: Wanstead Flats, Centre Road car park, 7pm