Public invited to conservation group meeting on Wanstead Park
A Wanstead conservation group is inviting members of the public to attend its annual general meeting on Wednesday.
The Friends of Wanstead Parklands will be electing new members before welcoming a guest speaker.
Professional photographer Geoff Wilkinson, who owns the Eightyfour gallery in Nightingale Lane, will talk about sights he has captured in Wanstead Park and show images from the group’s photo competition.
Committee member Richard Arnopp will also be launching his new book, Wanstead and its Park.
An updated version of an Edwardian account, it features contemporary photographs and illustrations of the area.
You may also want to watch:
The meeting will start at 7.30pm at Wanstead Golf Club, in Overton Drive.
The Friends of Wanstead Parklands raise awareness of the history and ecology of Wanstead Park and campaign to protect and improve it.
Visit wansteadpark.org.uk for information.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 3 ‘Hard to comprehend’: MPs react as Sir David Amess dies after stabbing
- 4 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 5 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 6 Five veggie-friendly restaurants in Redbridge, courtesy of TripAdvisor
- 7 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 8 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
- 9 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 10 Chadwell Heath pharmacy to offer Covid-19 booster jabs with flu vaccine