Properties close to Lower River Roding could be flooded, says Environment Agency
Properties close to the Lower River Roding could be flooded this evening in the event of heavy rainfall, the Environment Agency has warned.
In an updated flood alert, the government agency says the river’s level remains high in the Redbridge area.
It is unlikely to reduce before another band of rain moves into the area tonight and into tomorrow morning.
The warning applies for areas including Redbridge, Wanstead and Woodford.
In a statement, the Agency said: “This band of rain will result in the river rising further Monday night and for Tuesday.
You may also want to watch:
“There may be the potential for property flooding.
“We continue to monitor the situation and update this message and or issue flood warnings where required.”
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 4 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 5 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 6 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 7 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 8 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 9 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 10 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
A further update will be made at www.environment-agency.gov.uk.
Residents can contact Floodline on 0845 988 1188.
Select option one and enter quick dial number 172915 to get more information.