Properties close to Lower River Roding could be flooded, says Environment Agency
Properties close to the Lower River Roding could be flooded this evening in the event of heavy rainfall, the Environment Agency has warned.
In an updated flood alert, the government agency says the river’s level remains high in the Redbridge area.
It is unlikely to reduce before another band of rain moves into the area tonight and into tomorrow morning.
The warning applies for areas including Redbridge, Wanstead and Woodford.
In a statement, the Agency said: “This band of rain will result in the river rising further Monday night and for Tuesday.
You may also want to watch:
“There may be the potential for property flooding.
“We continue to monitor the situation and update this message and or issue flood warnings where required.”
- 1 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 2 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 3 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 4 Homebuilder steps back from proposals over rising projected costs
- 5 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 6 Council seeks public input after York Road anti-social behaviour concerns
- 7 Redbridge Tories urge front desk re-opening at Barkingside Police Station
- 8 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 9 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 10 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
A further update will be made at www.environment-agency.gov.uk.
Residents can contact Floodline on 0845 988 1188.
Select option one and enter quick dial number 172915 to get more information.