Promotion challenge tempts Jamie Ness to Orient
- Credit: Archant
Orient’s promotion prospects attracted new signing Jamie Ness to the club, who is ‘delighted’ to be getting first team football.
Ness said: “I’m delighted Leyton Orient have given me the opportunity to come here.
“We’ve got some tough games coming up thick and fast.
“There’s a chance of Orient getting into the top two and hopefully I’ll be able to help with that aim.”
The 22-year-old played 90 minutes in the FA Cup thrashing at Yeovil.
You may also want to watch:
While he concedes it was a tough start to life with the Brisbane Road club, he is ecstatic to get 90 minutes under his belt.
“Saturday was a very tough game,” said Ness.
- 1 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 2 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School
- 3 Thousands sign petition opposing gas company plan to take over allotments
- 4 Former Met worker sentenced for stealing lost property cash
- 5 New trees to be planted at Fairlop Waters
- 6 Woodford Green pupil reaches final of national science and engineering competition
- 7 'Beyond my wildest dreams': Redbridge tutor receives MBE
- 8 Ilford primary teacher joins campaign to get people teaching
- 9 Ilford charity boss named in Queen’s Birthday Honours
- 10 Redbridge pupils shortlisted in competition to design Olympic Park pavilion
“Yeovil were very physical and the pitch wasn’t great, it didn’t suit our style of play.
“This season I’ve played 10 or 11 under-21 games but I really need first team football. I’ve been looking to get out on loan for awhile.”