Promotion challenge tempts Jamie Ness to Orient
- Credit: Archant
Orient’s promotion prospects attracted new signing Jamie Ness to the club, who is ‘delighted’ to be getting first team football.
Ness said: “I’m delighted Leyton Orient have given me the opportunity to come here.
“We’ve got some tough games coming up thick and fast.
“There’s a chance of Orient getting into the top two and hopefully I’ll be able to help with that aim.”
The 22-year-old played 90 minutes in the FA Cup thrashing at Yeovil.
You may also want to watch:
While he concedes it was a tough start to life with the Brisbane Road club, he is ecstatic to get 90 minutes under his belt.
“Saturday was a very tough game,” said Ness.
- 1 Neighbours slam council over Christchurch Green kiosk approval
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 4 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 5 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 6 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 7 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 8 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 9 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 10 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
“Yeovil were very physical and the pitch wasn’t great, it didn’t suit our style of play.
“This season I’ve played 10 or 11 under-21 games but I really need first team football. I’ve been looking to get out on loan for awhile.”