Probe into Gants Hill lorry house crash still ongoing
The cause of a lorry ploughing into a pensioner’s front room is still being investigated by police.
The entire cab of the tipper truck went into the front room of the 76-year-old woman’s house in Eastern Avenue, Gants Hill.
A police spokesman said witness statements were still being gone through. Eyewitness Kevin Carr says he saw the truck veer over the central reservation into oncoming traffic before crashing into the house on July 11.
Speaking at the time Mr Carr, 52, of Basildon, said: “It just unfolded in front of you like a film. I had visions of someone dead in that house.
“It went into oncoming traffic, it was amazing they all managed to miss him.”
You may also want to watch:
A man in his 50s, believed to be the driver, sustained a hand injury and the woman inside the house was taken to hospital with head injuries.
- 1 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones
- 3 Police car flips over in Chadwell Heath collision
- 4 Man stabbed in Goodmayes
- 5 Detectives hunt for knifepoint phone robber in Woodford Green
- 6 Animals bite rubbish after wheelie bin delivery delay
- 7 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 8 Six males detained after alleged brawl in Gants Hill
- 9 Crunch meeting fails to provide breakthrough in school sick pay dispute
- 10 Teen stabbed in Chadwell Heath