Probe into Gants Hill lorry house crash still ongoing
The cause of a lorry ploughing into a pensioner’s front room is still being investigated by police.
The entire cab of the tipper truck went into the front room of the 76-year-old woman’s house in Eastern Avenue, Gants Hill.
A police spokesman said witness statements were still being gone through. Eyewitness Kevin Carr says he saw the truck veer over the central reservation into oncoming traffic before crashing into the house on July 11.
Speaking at the time Mr Carr, 52, of Basildon, said: “It just unfolded in front of you like a film. I had visions of someone dead in that house.
“It went into oncoming traffic, it was amazing they all managed to miss him.”
You may also want to watch:
A man in his 50s, believed to be the driver, sustained a hand injury and the woman inside the house was taken to hospital with head injuries.
- 1 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 2 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 3 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 4 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 5 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 6 Walk-in Covid vaccinations on offer at Valentines Park health fair
- 7 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 8 Man wanted for allegedly driving 'recklessly' in Ilford with baby in car
- 9 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault
- 10 Plans for retail park development move step closer