Private members club with ‘Indian dancing’ could open in Goodmayes
A private members club with “Indian dancing” could open in Goodmayes.
Redbridge Council is considering a planning application for the club, which would be in a basement currently used as storage space below Homechoice in Goodmayes Road.
The proposed opening times are from 6pm to 3am seven days a week and 15 people could be employed.
A spokesman from SSC Project Management Ltd, which is representing the applicant, did not specify what kind of dancing would be performed.
Plans for the club show cubicles, groups of chairs, a performance stage and bar.
You may also want to watch:
A nearby resident has opposed the application over fears of “rowdy noise and behaviour”.
Sayed Hussain, of Barley Lane, was concerned about litter in gardens and urination on property.
- 1 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 2 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 3 East London police officer charged with rape
- 4 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 5 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 6 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 7 Roof damaged in Seven Kings house fire
- 8 Opera star Jonathan Antoine to return to the stage ahead of US tour
- 9 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 10 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
He added: “On a personal note I have young disabled children with complicated medical conditions and they require their rest, sleep not coming easily to one of my daughters.”
The council will consider the planning and licensing applications for the premises later this year.