Primark to open store in Ilford
Fashion retailer Primark is opening a new store in Ilford.
An official ceremony will mark the opening of the store in High Road, Ilford on Wednesday.
Town centre manager Neil Davis described it as significant in the re-development of the area’s retail landscape.
Mr Davis said: “We are delighted that the hugely popular store will co-anchor and complement our existing high street retailers and we look forward to welcoming new visitors to Ilford, drawn by the UK’s foremost specialist in affordable fashion.”
More than 180 people have been employed and many were helped by charity Barnabas Workshops which held re-employment sessions.
You may also want to watch:
These included interview practice, tests and assistance filling in application forms.
Barnabas Workshops’ chief executive Bernadette Benn said: “It is great to be able to steer local people towards local jobs, which help to boost the Ilford economy and reduce the carbon footprint by cutting out unnecessary and expensive travel.”
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 3 Average Redbridge house price nearly £30k higher than last year
- 4 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 5 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 6 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 7 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 8 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 9 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 10 Hainault woman celebrates 100th birthday with mayoral visit