PREVIEW: Daggers v Colchester United
Manager John Still faces defensive headache ahead of Colchester clash.
Dagenham & Redbridge boss John Still will give Abu Ogogo every chance to prove his fitness ahead of tonight’s visit of Colchester United.
The former Arsenal trainee missed Saturday’s victory over Bristol Rovers after picking up an injury in training on Friday and was replaced at right-back by Phil Ifil, making his first Daggers appearance in four months.
While Ogogo has suffered no further setback since picking up the muscle problem, Still admits the 21-year-old remains a doubt.
“He picked up a bit of a knock in training and it was not bad, but he wasn’t right to play,” said Still.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re not 100 per cent sure yet about tonight. We’re going to have a look at him this afternoon.
“Twisting and turning gives him a little bit of a problem down the side of his leg so we’ll have to have a look tonight.”
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 3 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 4 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 5 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 6 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 7 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 8 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 9 Redbridge equality group condemns 'heinous' Ilford mosque attack
- 10 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
Daggers will definitely be without left-back Damien McCrory who limped off after 36 minutes at the Memorial Stadium.
The Irishman injured his ankle following a robust challenge and is set to be replaced by Femi Ilesanmi.
Damian Scannell is also a doubt with a calf injury, but Will Antwi is fit to return, although is unlikely to dislodge either Scott Doe or Mark Arber.
Colchester will be without top scorer David Mooney, who starts a three-match ban and is likely to be replaced by Steven Gillespie, while John-Joe O’Toole is available again following a knee problem.
The U’s go into the game eighth in the table, seven points off the play-offs, but have only won once in their last four games.
John Ward’s side have scored a mere 14 goals in 17 away matches this term - the second lowest return in the division behind Hartlepool - winning just once on the road since October.
The Daggers are currently three points from safety, but with four games in hand on 20th placed Walsall and Saturday’s goalscorer Danny Green feels Colchester won’t relish their trip to Victoria Road.
“Colchester is at home and, like every team, they’re not going to want to come and play at Dagenham,” said the winger.
“They’re a good team, but we are going to have to win our battles and hopefully Romain will pop up with a header or the strikers will get on the scoresheet. Anything could happen, so it’s exciting.”