Preparations for Queen’s Ilford visit in full swing as we offer chance to win VIP tickets to event
The Queen is coming to Redbridge as part of her Diamond �Jubilee tour – and you could be among the guests at the welcoming party.
The Recorder has teamed up with Redbridge Council to offer two readers the chance to join guests gathered at �Valentines Mansion for the historic visit on Thursday March 29.
The winners will be given access to the invitation-only area of the mansion and �gardens, which will offer a close-up glimpse of the Queen as she makes her �visit.
And after witnessing Her Majesty on the first leg of her UK-wide tour, you and a guest will be invited to a drinks �reception in the drawing room of Valentines Mansion.
Designer Sir Terence �Conran, who will give a short speech, will be among the dignitaries there. He is overseeing an art and design �exhibition London Pride – 60 Years of Bright Ideas.
You may also want to watch:
The Queen’s visit will launch a four-day festival at the mansion with works on display including paintings and small sculptures from the Tate Gallery.
Competition winners will need to arrive by 9am on March 29 to gain access to the invitation only area. The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh will arrive at 10.25am.
- 1 Chigwell rabbi hospitalised after 'unprovoked and cowardly attack'
- 2 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 3 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 4 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 5 Police meet with Jewish communities after attack on rabbi in Chigwell
- 6 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 7 Two men arrested on suspicion of GBH following hospitalisation of rabbi
- 8 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 9 Man tried to become comic book character by stabbing teen in park toilets
- 10 Clayhall pupils grill Matt Hancock and Dominic Raab
Entrants will be photographed by the Recorder and should be willing to speak about their unique experience as part of our coverage.
n To be in with a chance of winning, answer the following question:
Q: The Queen last came to the borough in May 2002 in the build-up to her Golden Jubilee celebrations, but where exactly did she visit?
To enter, email email@example.com and put “Queen competition” in the subject header. Please include your name, address, phone number, date of birth and competition answer. You can also enter the competition by filling in a coupon on page nine of this week’s Ilford Recorder.
Entrants must be 18 and over, though your invited guest can be any age. Entries must be received by noon on March 20. Please note the prize will not include a chance to meet the Queen in person. Good luck!