Premiership footballer Kyle Naughton from Woodford Green banned from driving
A Premiership footballer who lives in Woodford Green will have to rely on public transport after being caught speeding at almost 100mph on the A11.
Kyle Naughton, 23, of The Manor, who is currently on loan to Norwich City from Tottenham Hotspur, was caught twice last year breaking the speed limit in Norfolk while driving in his Audi.
The right-back was banned from driving for 15 months at Norwich Magistrates Court yesterday.
He told the court he had since sold the Audi after being caught speeding three times previously and was now using public transport to visit his family in Sheffield.
Naughton was snapped on August 19 travelling at 53mph in a 30mph zone on the B1113 near Swardeston at 10.15pm.
You may also want to watch:
On November 19, he was caught on the A11 near Wymondham travelling at 96mph in a 70mph zone at 3.50pm.
Naughton, who admitted both offences, said: “I just wanted to say sorry.
- 1 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 2 Former Homebase development plans approved
- 3 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 4 Water company apologises for phone line waits as flood response branded 'woefully inadequate'
- 5 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 6 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 7 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 8 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 9 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 10 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
“I got rid of the car as soon as I started picking up points.”
On top of the driving ban, he was fined �660 and given six points for the August offence. He was fined �900 and given five points for the November offence.