Premiership footballer Kyle Naughton from Woodford Green banned from driving
A Premiership footballer who lives in Woodford Green will have to rely on public transport after being caught speeding at almost 100mph on the A11.
Kyle Naughton, 23, of The Manor, who is currently on loan to Norwich City from Tottenham Hotspur, was caught twice last year breaking the speed limit in Norfolk while driving in his Audi.
The right-back was banned from driving for 15 months at Norwich Magistrates Court yesterday.
He told the court he had since sold the Audi after being caught speeding three times previously and was now using public transport to visit his family in Sheffield.
Naughton was snapped on August 19 travelling at 53mph in a 30mph zone on the B1113 near Swardeston at 10.15pm.
You may also want to watch:
On November 19, he was caught on the A11 near Wymondham travelling at 96mph in a 70mph zone at 3.50pm.
Naughton, who admitted both offences, said: “I just wanted to say sorry.
- 1 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
- 2 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 3 New councillors for Loxford and Seven Kings react to by-election wins
- 4 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 6 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings
- 7 Plans for three year extension to scheme targeting people using prostitutes
- 8 Man wanted in connection with dangerous driving incident in Newbury Park
- 9 Police car flips over in Chadwell Heath collision
- 10 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath
“I got rid of the car as soon as I started picking up points.”
On top of the driving ban, he was fined �660 and given six points for the August offence. He was fined �900 and given five points for the November offence.