‘Pregnant’ woman taken to hospital from Ilford bus
A woman thought to be pregnant was taken to hospital from an Ilford bus yesterday (Tuesday).
The 86 to Stratford stopped on Ilford High Road opposite the Recorder offices and passengers were transferred to another bus while the woman was treated.
A London Ambulance spokesman said: “We were called at 3.45pm to reports of a person taken unwell.
“We sent one ambulance crew and staff treated a woman reported to be in her 30s. She was taken to Newham University Hospital.”
The ambulance was at the scene for over half an hour.
You may also want to watch:
A witness, who did not want to be named, said: “The lady was pregnant, about four months. I think her waters broke.”
- 1 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 2 Former Homebase development plans approved
- 3 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 4 Water company apologises for phone line waits as flood response branded 'woefully inadequate'
- 5 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 6 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 7 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 8 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 9 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
- 10 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021