‘Pregnant’ woman taken to hospital from Ilford bus
A woman thought to be pregnant was taken to hospital from an Ilford bus yesterday (Tuesday).
The 86 to Stratford stopped on Ilford High Road opposite the Recorder offices and passengers were transferred to another bus while the woman was treated.
A London Ambulance spokesman said: “We were called at 3.45pm to reports of a person taken unwell.
“We sent one ambulance crew and staff treated a woman reported to be in her 30s. She was taken to Newham University Hospital.”
The ambulance was at the scene for over half an hour.
You may also want to watch:
A witness, who did not want to be named, said: “The lady was pregnant, about four months. I think her waters broke.”
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 3 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 4 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 5 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 6 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 7 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 8 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 9 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 10 Police warn of 'violence, urination' as takeaway applies for late licence