‘Pregnant’ woman taken to hospital from Ilford bus
A woman thought to be pregnant was taken to hospital from an Ilford bus yesterday (Tuesday).
The 86 to Stratford stopped on Ilford High Road opposite the Recorder offices and passengers were transferred to another bus while the woman was treated.
A London Ambulance spokesman said: “We were called at 3.45pm to reports of a person taken unwell.
“We sent one ambulance crew and staff treated a woman reported to be in her 30s. She was taken to Newham University Hospital.”
The ambulance was at the scene for over half an hour.
You may also want to watch:
A witness, who did not want to be named, said: “The lady was pregnant, about four months. I think her waters broke.”
- 1 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 2 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 3 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 4 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 6 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 7 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 8 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 9 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 10 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath