Prank Central Line stickers ‘waste valuable resources’ say Tube bosses
Tube bosses have accused pranksters of defacing trains after joke stickers, some offering rockets to the Moon, started appearing on Central Line maps.
Over the last week, stickers covering station names have started appearing on maps inside carriages.
These include Buckhurst Hill, where there are rockets to the Moon, a station called Kate Middleton and a warning that there is a 45-minute travel time from Woodford to Buckhurst Hill.
A spokesman for London Underground said: “Even if such stickers are intended to be amusing, it simply means valuable resources have to be wasted removing them.”
The pranksters started putting the stickers up last week following a message on their website: “After months (well hours) of planning we were finally ready.
You may also want to watch:
Armed with stickers we boarded the 13.50 from Epping to West Ruislip and unleashed phase one on to the unsuspecting public.”
The Recorder was unable to contact the jokers for comment.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 5 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 6 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 7 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 8 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
To see more stickers visit www.stickersonthecentralline.tumblr.com.
n Are you one of the sticker artists or do you know who they are? Get in touch by emailing email@example.com or calling 020 8477 5825.