Prank Central Line stickers ‘waste valuable resources’ say Tube bosses
Tube bosses have accused pranksters of defacing trains after joke stickers, some offering rockets to the Moon, started appearing on Central Line maps.
Over the last week, stickers covering station names have started appearing on maps inside carriages.
These include Buckhurst Hill, where there are rockets to the Moon, a station called Kate Middleton and a warning that there is a 45-minute travel time from Woodford to Buckhurst Hill.
A spokesman for London Underground said: “Even if such stickers are intended to be amusing, it simply means valuable resources have to be wasted removing them.”
The pranksters started putting the stickers up last week following a message on their website: “After months (well hours) of planning we were finally ready.
You may also want to watch:
Armed with stickers we boarded the 13.50 from Epping to West Ruislip and unleashed phase one on to the unsuspecting public.”
The Recorder was unable to contact the jokers for comment.
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 3 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 4 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 5 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 6 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 7 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 8 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 9 Redbridge equality group condemns 'heinous' Ilford mosque attack
- 10 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
To see more stickers visit www.stickersonthecentralline.tumblr.com.
n Are you one of the sticker artists or do you know who they are? Get in touch by emailing email@example.com or calling 020 8477 5825.