Praise for Seven Kings man’s massive doodhis
An octogenarian has put the secret of his long healthy life down to his massive doodhis.
Piara Singh, 89, of St Alban’s Road, Seven Kings, is celebrating his biggest ever crop of the marrow-like gourds this week.
Former factory worker Mr Singh, who has grown the vegetables for the past year, recorded one whopper at 36ins long. He said: “This year has been a massive crop. From just one seed I have had 30 or 40 doodhis. They have grown so well.
“They are like marrows but even better. The juice is good for cholesterol and it has so many properties.”
Family friend Rama Ohri said: “I believe he has green fingers, as everything he grows is just fantastic.”
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 3 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 4 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 5 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 6 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 7 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 8 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 9 Redbridge equality group condemns 'heinous' Ilford mosque attack
- 10 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder