Praise for Seven Kings man’s massive doodhis
An octogenarian has put the secret of his long healthy life down to his massive doodhis.
Piara Singh, 89, of St Alban’s Road, Seven Kings, is celebrating his biggest ever crop of the marrow-like gourds this week.
Former factory worker Mr Singh, who has grown the vegetables for the past year, recorded one whopper at 36ins long. He said: “This year has been a massive crop. From just one seed I have had 30 or 40 doodhis. They have grown so well.
“They are like marrows but even better. The juice is good for cholesterol and it has so many properties.”
Family friend Rama Ohri said: “I believe he has green fingers, as everything he grows is just fantastic.”
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 4 Fireaway pizza branch to open in South Woodford
- 5 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 6 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals
- 7 Chigwell child sex offender who posed as teen online jailed
- 8 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 9 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 10 'It's disgusting': Goodmayes mum claims family fed mouldy pittas in quarantine hotel