Post-mortem into death of man found in Wanstead woods inconclusive
- Credit: Archant
A post-mortem into the death of a man found dead in an area of woods was inconclusive.
No cause of death was established for the person, whose body was found near New Wanstead road, Wanstead, on Sunday by two young boys.
The post-mortem took place on Monday at East Ham Mortuary.
A spokesman for Redbridge police said the death is being treated as unexplained, but not suspicious at this stage.
Enquiries are continuing to establish the identity of the man and an inquest will be opened in due course.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact Redbridge CID on 101.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 5 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 6 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 7 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 8 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 New boats arrive at Fairlop Waters amid country park investment plan