Posh to pay for Orient damage
- Credit: Archant
Peterborough have promised to pay for the damage their fans caused in the Brisbane Road’s East Stand during Saturday’s clash with Orient.
Around 60 seats were ripped up during Posh’s 2-1 victory, who have apologised to the O’s and have asked for the evidence from CCTV and social media.
Orient chief executive Matt Porter said: “Re damage caused by away fans.
“Peterborough have apologised and will pay the costs we have incurred which we are happy to accept.
“They have been entirely professional and have asked us for CCTV of the incident which we will be passing on to them.”
You may also want to watch:
Posh chairman Darragh MacAnthony was quick to condemn the club’s fans responsible for the damage.
He tweeted: “Just been sent the photos from the away section at Orient.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 4 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 5 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 6 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 7 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 8 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 9 Police warn of 'violence, urination' as takeaway applies for late licence
- 10 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
“Disgraceful. We will investigate with Orient and punish those responsible.”