POLL: Would you support a fox cull? Boris Johnson has called for councils to take action to control the ‘pests’
- Credit: citizenside.com
Mayor of London Boris Johnson has called for councils to tackle “growing problem” of urban foxes after a baby was attacked in Bromley.
Four-week-old Denny Dolan was thought to be dragged from his cot by a fox on February 6, before his mother beat the animal off.
He is recovering in hospital, where he was treated for hand and facial injuries.
Mr Johnson called foxes a “pest and a menace” in cities.
He added: “This sort of attack, though terrible, is rare, but we must do more to tackle the growing problem of urban foxes.
You may also want to watch:
“This must serve as a wake up call to London’s borough leaders, who are responsible for pest control.
“They must come together, study the data, try to understand why this is becoming such a problem and act quickly to sort it out.”
- 1 East London police officer charged with rape
- 2 Teen dies after being stabbed in reported fight on Loxford street
- 3 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 4 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 5 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 6 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 7 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
- 8 Roof damaged in Seven Kings house fire
- 9 Man charged in connection with alleged police car ramming in Ilford
- 10 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
Mr Johnson has not gone into specifics but options include a cull of the animals.
Would you support one? Answer the poll and email your thoughts to email@example.com.