Police seek witnesses to collision that killed cyclist in Woodford Green
Police are appealing for witnesses to the fatal collision in Woodford Green in which a cyclist died.
Officers were called just after 1.30pm on Sunday to reports of a car and a cyclist in collision in Woodford High Road, near the junction with Forest Approach.
London Ambulance Service and London’s Air Ambulance attended but the rider, a man aged 52, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police believe they know the identity of the victim but they await a formal identification.
Enquiries to trace and inform any next of kin are still ongoing.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination will be scheduled in due course.
The driver of the car, a woman, stopped at the scene but was not arrested.
- 1 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 2 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 3 East London police officer charged with rape
- 4 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 5 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 6 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 7 Roof damaged in Seven Kings house fire
- 8 Opera star Jonathan Antoine to return to the stage ahead of US tour
- 9 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 10 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
Any witnesses or anyone with any information is asked to call traffic officers on 020 8597 4874. or 101.