Police seek witnesses to collision that killed cyclist in Woodford Green
Police are appealing for witnesses to the fatal collision in Woodford Green in which a cyclist died.
Officers were called just after 1.30pm on Sunday to reports of a car and a cyclist in collision in Woodford High Road, near the junction with Forest Approach.
London Ambulance Service and London’s Air Ambulance attended but the rider, a man aged 52, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police believe they know the identity of the victim but they await a formal identification.
Enquiries to trace and inform any next of kin are still ongoing.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination will be scheduled in due course.
The driver of the car, a woman, stopped at the scene but was not arrested.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 3 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 4 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown
- 5 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 6 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 7 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 8 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 9 Average Redbridge house price nearly £30k higher than last year
- 10 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School
Any witnesses or anyone with any information is asked to call traffic officers on 020 8597 4874. or 101.