Police release image of man in connection with Snaresbrook sexual assault
British Transport Police have released an image of a man they want to speak to in connection with a sexual assault at Snaresbrook Underground station.
A 34-year-old woman from Woodford Green was crossing a footbridge to leave the station on Christmas Eve when a man approached her at around 3.25pm.
He indecently touched her before the woman was able to push him away.
He then walked onto Wanstead High Street and was last seen walking in the direction of Wanstead Underground station.
Det Sgt Maggie Storey said: “Thankfully the victim was not physically harmed but this was a frightening and intimidating ordeal for her.
You may also want to watch:
“Following our previous appeal for information we received information from members of the public and followed up on some promising lines of enquiry but to no avail so far.
“Anyone who recognises the man is asked to get in contact.”
- 1 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 2 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 3 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new café in Redbridge
- 4 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 5 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 6 Homebuilder steps back from proposals over rising projected costs
- 7 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 8 Ilford care home nominated for two national awards
- 9 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 10 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
The man in the image is described as being olive-skinned and aged in his late twenties. He wore a beige jacket and black hat, with a European accent.
Anyone with information should call BTP on 0800 40 50 40 quoting log number B9 of 19/01/2012 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.