Police release image of man in connection with Snaresbrook sexual assault
British Transport Police have released an image of a man they want to speak to in connection with a sexual assault at Snaresbrook Underground station.
A 34-year-old woman from Woodford Green was crossing a footbridge to leave the station on Christmas Eve when a man approached her at around 3.25pm.
He indecently touched her before the woman was able to push him away.
He then walked onto Wanstead High Street and was last seen walking in the direction of Wanstead Underground station.
Det Sgt Maggie Storey said: “Thankfully the victim was not physically harmed but this was a frightening and intimidating ordeal for her.
You may also want to watch:
“Following our previous appeal for information we received information from members of the public and followed up on some promising lines of enquiry but to no avail so far.
“Anyone who recognises the man is asked to get in contact.”
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 3 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 5 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 6 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown
- 7 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 8 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 9 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 10 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School
The man in the image is described as being olive-skinned and aged in his late twenties. He wore a beige jacket and black hat, with a European accent.
Anyone with information should call BTP on 0800 40 50 40 quoting log number B9 of 19/01/2012 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.