Police release CCTV images in bid to catch Goodmayes station thief
Police have released CCTV images in their bid to catch a thief who snatched a woman’s handbag at Goodmayes station.
British Transport Police (BTP) want to speak to the man filmed at the station in Goodmayes Road in connection with an incident on April 20.
The victim, from Romford, was travelling on the 12.05am train from London Liverpool Street to Goodmayes when a man approached her.
Det Con Graeme Knox, investigating the theft, said: “The man repeatedly asked the woman to leave the train with him - an offer that she politely declined.
“Moments later, as the service pulled into Goodmayes station, the man suddenly snatched the woman’s bag before running from the train and out of the station.”
You may also want to watch:
Officers have spoke to witnesses locally and viewed CCTV footage.
They are now appealing for help from the public.
- 1 Chigwell rabbi hospitalised after 'unprovoked and cowardly attack'
- 2 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 3 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 4 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 5 Police meet with Jewish communities after attack on rabbi in Chigwell
- 6 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 7 Two men arrested on suspicion of GBH following hospitalisation of rabbi
- 8 Man tried to become comic book character by stabbing teen in park toilets
- 9 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 10 Clayhall pupils grill Matt Hancock and Dominic Raab
Mr Knox said: “We have isolated an image of a man we are keen to talk to as we believe he could assist our investigation.
“If you recognise this man, if you are the man himself, or if you have any information about the incident, we would like to talk to you.”
Anyone with information should contact BTP on Freefone 0800 40 50 40 and quote reference B7/LNA of 11/5/12 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.