Police probe after Barkingside pensioner injured in assault
Police are investigating an assault outside Fairlop Tube station involving three men in which one elderly man was injured.
The fight is thought to have broken out at about 3am on Tuesday, and two of the men, one in his 70s and one in his 30s, were taken to hospital.
It is not yet known whether a weapon was involved, but some commuters tweeted on website Twitter they had seen blood splatters outside the Tube station in Forest Road, Barkingside, and a blood-stained pillow.
A London Ambulance spokesman said: “We were called just after 3.30am to reports of an assault in Forest Road.
“Our staff treated two patients.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information abut the incident is asked to contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 2 Sam Tarry MP urges Sadiq Khan to block Goodmayes Tesco development
- 3 Barkingside man charged with intending to supply cannabis
- 4 Charity urges council to tackle alleged Ilford Lane anti-social behaviour
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 7 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 8 King George Hospital gets new ultrasound rooms and upgraded machines
- 9 Protestors decry 'privatisation' of NHS outside Loxford Practice
- 10 Former Homebase development plans approved